PDA

View Full Version : MLeader Update

irneb
2008-08-06, 04:44 PM
Is there any way of updating a MLeader to a different style? I'm looking for something similar to the Dimension Update (or -DIMSTYLE APPLY). The Properties Palette doesn't do this fully, and neither does the Right-Click --> Multileader Style --> Select new style.

I've got an Annotative MLeader style which has since been changed in our standards to have text with a smaller height. When I modify the style, noting happens to the existing MLeaders' text. So I created a second style with a new name. Then set the leaders to that style. Still noting happens to the text.

DSBNick
2008-08-06, 10:21 PM
I had a similar problem a while back.

I used my annotative text style in my annotative ML style. I altered the text height in the text style manager, but noticed that the ML's never changed. The only way to change them all, was to make the text style change, then open the ML style manager, choose your style and click modify. Then exit without doing anything. This seems to do an update of sorts and changes all the ML's.

Hope this helps.

irneb
2008-08-07, 04:37 AM
Tried this (annotative text style), there simply doesn't appear to be any way of getting this to work - short of selecting all the MLeaders & changing their text height manually through Properties Palette. See the attached drawing.

I was hoping there was some obscure command which I can't find in help. But it seems I'll have to make a LISP routine to update MLeaders to their new style settings.

irneb
2008-08-07, 12:30 PM
So made a LISP for this (attached). Strangely though this seems as if there's something else happening. If I create a MLeader in the old style then change it to the new style - the sizes update.

If however I use this utility to "Update" the MLeader to the current style, then changing it back using the drop-downs does nothing to the text height.