PDA

View Full Version : slope label styles - drag state

eleonard
2008-08-13, 08:57 PM
Is there a way to move the text with a leader off of the slope arrow? I have a series of slopes with a rise and run but the text is over lapping and I need to move the text off of my slope arrow. I can't seem to do this with out moving the entire label. There are drag state settings but how do you get the text to move?

jetomlinson
2011-06-27, 06:54 PM
Is there a way to move the text with a leader off of the slope arrow? I have a series of slopes with a rise and run but the text is over lapping and I need to move the text off of my slope arrow. I can't seem to do this with out moving the entire label. There are drag state settings but how do you get the text to move?

**BUMP ~~ having this same issue. Anyone know how to separate the text from the slope arrow?

sinc
2011-06-27, 10:35 PM
Unfortunately, both the arrow and the text are components within the label, and there's no way to drag the two components individually.

The only workaround that occurs to me off-hand is to use two labels for each spot, configure one label with a Style that displays only the arrow, and then drag the other label to put the text where you want it.

jetomlinson
2011-06-28, 05:01 PM
Thanks for the reply Sinc. It's unfortunate that the text and arrow cannot be moved independently.

Is the Dragged State tab for that style just a mistake then or does it actually do something?

JT

sinc
2011-06-28, 08:37 PM
Oh, probably...

I thought these labels were like Line or Parcel labels, and you could still drag the label, but the Direction Component would disappear when you did so. However, now I tried a test, and I see you can't drag those labels at all.

So yes, it could be an error that there is a Dragged State tab for those labels (Autodesk mis-implementing the idea of a "consistent interface", and having a Dragged State tab for every label style, regardless of whether or not the label can be dragged). Or maybe you SHOULD be able to drag these labels, and the error is that the labels can't be dragged... It would make some level of sense to be able to drag the text away from the direction arrow, and have a leader appear automatically to connect the text with the direction arrow. But either way, there's a problem with the program here. Either there's missing functionality, or a "foolish consistency" in the UI.