PDA

View Full Version : Manage NavisWorks from a DOS command line

jfsulek
2008-08-15, 01:25 PM
Hello all,

Several months ago, I had seen that NavisWorks could be managed from a DOS command line. If I recall correctly, I thought the idea was that roamer.exe could be fed a macro file that contained a series of commands for NavisWorks. These commands included loading multiple files, doing coordinate translations, and publishing NWD files.

Does anyone have information on this, or was I dreaming?

Thanks for all your help!! Have a Blessed day!!

dgorsman
2008-08-18, 03:37 PM
The only one I have seen is on the customer portal site, under the FAQ section (which I can't seem to get to now...).

Ferroequine
2008-08-20, 05:35 PM
The only DOS level switches that I am aware of are the ones that can exclude the grabbing of certain network licenses; this only works for the "older" version of Roamer (pre AutoDesk acquisition).

dgorsman
2008-08-20, 06:21 PM
The only DOS level switches that I am aware of are the ones that can exclude the grabbing of certain network licenses; this only works for the "older" version of Roamer (pre AutoDesk acquisition).

You mean you can no longer use the "-nwd file.nwd" syntax for automatically publishing a file to NWD format with 2009.1? That could be a serious issue here.

BTW, the NavisWorks customer portal is back up. Search the knowledge base for "command line", there are a number of options given.