PDA

View Full Version : Having trouble with labels

smattison
2008-08-20, 02:36 PM
We are using Civil 3D 2008 for our first project right now. I am trying to set up the labeling for our storm sewer profiles. As background, I am going to attach an image here of what we want our profiles to look like.

I'm doing okay at getting the labels to add for the pipe length, size and slope - and can get the labels on the top for the structure rims and descriptions. Where I am running into trouble is with the inverts.

Any suggestions on how to tackle those? We like them lined up below the structures.

Thanks for the help!!

smattison
2008-08-21, 05:35 PM
Never mind, figured it out

kohntopp
2008-11-24, 03:07 PM
What did you have to do? I can only get my invert labels to be associated with the pipe and not the structure. I want them to be part of the structure label.

cwall
2008-12-02, 03:03 PM
Kohntopp,

To get the inverts to show with your structure you have to add in the incoming and outgoing pipe information in your Structure Label Style, Attached are a couple of pics of where you find that info. If you have trouble adding the info try copying a style from the standard NCS style that come already loaded in Civil3D and adjust it to your needs. Hope this helps, it is a daunting task but once you get started good you will find there is a lot more you can do.