PDA

View Full Version : isopach contour display?

Geo-John
2008-08-20, 08:19 PM
I have created a volume TIN surface and would like to manipulate the "isopah" contour display by elevation not by major/minor. Example is negative & positive contours different colors, as well as the "zero" cut/fill contour. any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

sinc
2008-08-20, 09:59 PM
Ouch.

The C3D surface styles are not setup to display anything like that. C3D has options for applying different shading to cut and fill slopes, and you can use an Elevation display to shade your cut and fill areas in different ways, but I can't think of any features that will change the contours the way you are asking.

The only think I can think of is to create two more copies of the volume surface. Then use one surface for the positive contours, one surface for the negative contours, and one surface for the 0 contour (with a different display style for each). Messy, but it should get you what you want.

You should also be able to use a User Contour on either your "positive contour" or "negative contour" volume surface, to display your 0 contour in a special way; then you could manage it with only two volume surfaces, instead of three.

Maybe someone else has managed to out-think C3D and come up with a simpler way of managing this task, but off-hand, I can't think of any other way...

jspeed
2008-08-22, 05:13 PM
ok...ready...
Surface properties...Analysis tab....analysis type check CONTOURS

then ranges check 3 (this means you are going to show 3 ranges (cut, ZERO, fill)

fill in the properties out and hit ok

make sure the color scheme is false on the suface style.. i like isopach for my surface sytle... there you go:)

sinc
2008-08-22, 10:09 PM
Interesting... I hadn't discovered that option yet.

But I'm not getting it to work. I guess I'll have to spend some time trying to figure this out... I must have some setting somewhere that is preventing this from working.

It is definitely not intuitive.