PDA

View Full Version : Why is FamilyInstance Room null for component?

toyter
2008-08-28, 04:06 PM
I have a Revit floorplan that when I use the Snoop application shows the expected room name of the selected component is located in. I load the same family into another floorplan and place the component into a room and using snoop get null for the room. Any ideas why this might be? It has to be something about the room right? I'm stumped on this one so any suggestions would be appreciated.

toyter
2008-08-28, 08:17 PM
I'm noticing that components can become corrupt and viewing their associated room using the snoop app I get an "Operation is not valid due to the current state of the object." When I delete the component then add a new one to the room I'm then just getting the original error I posted about in this thread. Maybe the revit project in general is hosed ....possible??

mmason.65315
2008-08-29, 12:23 AM
One thing that you might look into... is Phases.

Because Rooms only occupy one phase, your component could be (hypothetically) in different rooms during different phases. That's why most of the Room()/FromRoom()/ToRoom() options have Phase as an input.

If you don't specify a Phase - I believe that you get the last phase in the project (I don't think it's the current phase). Which can cause some strange results - particularly if your Rooms are not defined in that last phase.

Good Luck,
Matt