PDA

View Full Version : Strategies for Updating to Current Standards

chill3490
2004-09-23, 08:33 PM
Having less than 1000 +/- Autocad files, I would like to update all our files to our current standards as applied to attributed title blocks, dimension styles and text styles. 90% use paper space title borders and attributed blocks. I understand the basics of using scripts but haven't pulled this batch trick off....just yet.

Here are my main concerns when doing this:

Dimension style updates:
Although there are several differences to take into account in the dimension style's variables between the old and new styles, really the main difference is visual with the text switching from Arial.ttf to a company standard version of Romans.shx (called es_romans.shx).

BIG CONCERN - I want to maintain original tolerancing of each dimension within its 'family' (decimal, fractional, etc.) when switching to the current dimension style. Any sure-fired means to do this?

Title block & assoc. attribute tags:
Conversion of the block's attribute values and creating an association (ASSOC?)between old and new attribute tags would be the biggest coding accomplishment for me to date.

Text Style:
Lastly, as in the dimension style above, would be converting text styles.

Any input would on any of the above topics would be great as I'll be doing this ONE BITE AT A TIME!