PDA

View Full Version : Multileader Style Change...

sevenDeuce
2008-09-03, 03:29 PM
I've got 2 annotative multileader styles (one for 1/8" plotted text height and one for 3/32" height). I've got a drawing that is set up with all the multileaders using 1/8" style. I'm setting up another drawing in which I want to grab a bunch of the same multileaders, but I want to change it to the 3/32" style in the new drawing. So I copy all the desired multileaders (at 1/8" style) and paste it into new drawing. I then change the style of those multileaders to 3/32" style but it doesn't act correctly (basically the only thing that changes is the style name). Is there something I'm missing? Is there a workaround when copy/pasting annotative multileaders between drawings.

There's no problem changing styles in the drawing that the multileaders were created in. I can switch between styles and everything scales correctly no problem pretty simple and painless, so it's only when I copy/paste between 2 drawings (both drawings use same template to start).

ACA 2008

TIA
Alan

jkuck954603
2008-09-09, 10:52 PM
Is the text style that you are using annotative also?

jkuck954603
2008-09-09, 11:05 PM
If you change the text height of the text style that you are using with the multileaders, I don't see why it wouldn't work.

jkuck954603
2008-09-09, 11:09 PM
Another way of bringing multileaders styles from one drawing to another is by using Design Center. All you do is drag them from Design Center and drop them into the drawing you want to use them in.

SRBalliet
2008-09-10, 11:32 AM
The Multileader Style looks for a specific Text Style. Make sure you have the Text Style in the drawing as well as the Multileader Style for the two to work together.

sevenDeuce
2008-09-11, 06:30 PM
Thanks for the responses, guys.
Both drawings have same multileader and text styles in them (text style is annotative). Both drawings' styles have not been altered independently so they are exactly the same styles in each drawing. This issue only comes about when I copy/paste a multileader from one drawing to another and then try to change the style of that multileader. I COULD go in and manually change the text height, gap landing, arrowhead size, etc. through the properties palette, but it should not be like that.

For example:
-make multileader in one drawing
-copy/paste it to another drawing
-change multileader style of that multileader (does multileader update correctly?)

For me, multileader does not behave correctly (it changes style name, but nothing else)