PDA

View Full Version : Annotative Attributes

avn
2008-09-10, 03:20 PM
I we have been using an attribute block for our owner information. (It is 6 lines of text, name, address legal.....) We use to type the owner info in excel and “attin” it.

I am now taking the information off of the GIS tax rolls. Our projects seem to hang around for years and we must update the owner information at least 3 times. (I did one last week had 190 owners) I have made a base drawing to create the owner blocks, then copied what I needed into the design sheets (if we need to move or rotate it is right there) Each drawing will probably have a lot of the same property owners as other drawings. When I “attout” each block has a different handle than it started with. I don’t want to compare each drawing separately, and I don’t want to create 1 huge txt/excel file with so much redundancy. We cant really keep everything in one plot file, several of us need to be able to work on them at the same time.

I would like to have 1 annotative attribute base that the owner blocks (hopefully @ 90º) will flip per viewport in the plot sheets. We had success with sizing. The flipping didn’t work so well. Each of the 6 lines of text flipped independently, making what looked like one line of text stacked and overwritten 6 times.

Am I asking for too much?

Thanks

RobertB
2008-09-11, 07:01 PM
Yeah, I don't think the annotative rotate feature is going to be all that helpful.