PDA

View Full Version : center lines confusion?

robotgrass
2008-09-17, 10:30 PM
Hello, lets try a problem based approach to this question, we are working with ACAD mechanical 2009 : I have five circles on my drawing, the diameters range from 1/4" to 6" I want a simple way to create proper center lines for each circle, that is, a center cross mark in the middle with extension lines that extend slightly outside each circle.

Do I have to create a custom dimension styles for various circle sizes?
There must be an easier way to get properly scaled center lines regardless of the circle size!
Any ideas?
Thank you.
Shoukry
Montreal

BeKirra
2008-10-22, 12:23 AM
Hello, lets try a problem based approach to this question, we are working with ACAD mechanical 2009 : I have five circles on my drawing, the diameters range from 1/4" to 6" I want a simple way to create proper center lines for each circle, that is, a center cross mark in the middle with extension lines that extend slightly outside each circle.

There must be an easier way to get properly scaled center lines regardless of the circle size!
Any ideas?
Thank you.
Shoukry
Montreal

With Mech 2009, there is a centerline toolbar.
It does the job that you dream for.

BrenBren
2008-10-30, 12:31 PM

Any ideas?
Thank you.
Shoukry
Montreal

Make sure you are using the mechanical tools; the centerline tools will do what you are looking to do; you may have to adjust the settings under options

abuebs3
2009-02-06, 10:13 PM
Hi
You just use the Center Line tool and pic Centerline cross with hole, enter the biggest Diameter.