PDA

View Full Version : MEP2009 Schematic Module

2008-09-19, 03:38 PM
[It] would be really cool to have a schematic module. I can see this working like the Legend Views, but instead of dragging Families into the view, you could drag a System, complete with schematic connectors that you could lay out like a traditional schematic drawing, then, as you add stuff to each system, it would update the schematic drawing.

mjdanowski
2008-09-22, 03:24 PM
The problem would be making this work for ALL types of systems.

I would love for Revit to make a one-line for me, but if it does it all wackily because it is using a method meant for plumbing risers, it will have little use electrically.

I guess that brings me to a theme of a lot of such requests; yes I would love to have it, as long as it is customizable!

Beancud
2008-09-23, 06:21 AM

I would love for Revit to make a one-line for me, but if it does it all wackily because it is using a method meant for plumbing risers, it will have little use electrically.

I guess that brings me to a theme of a lot of such requests; yes I would love to have it, as long as it is customizable!

As much as I would love to see Schematic in Revit I just don't think its possible.

Schematic is still done in AutoCAD over here. All our data/power/chilled water/air/sanitary/hot and cold water are still been done in Autocad.

I think Schematic is just too custom and specific for Revit. Every company, region, state, and clients demand a different looking schematic.

Linetypes, Symbols, divisions, zones, and simplified representation is so custom when it comes to schematic.

I have seen many schematics and for some people it looks acceptable but to others it looks totally unaccpetable.

I can see somthing like the 3d - isometric santiray schematic being built in Revit...

2008-09-23, 07:55 AM

I totally agree with you about the customisable part.

The way I see it working, initially at least, would be to just kinda drop the system onto a page and let the user re-arrange it into a good looking schematic, with the schematic lines banding between whatever components are physically cojnnected in the model. It would be nice to have a schematic representation of component families, but I would be happy with the Legend type displays to start with.

JoelLondenberg
2008-09-24, 05:03 PM
I'm imagining a tool that works like Microsoft Visio. I think that would be beneficial.

2008-09-25, 07:42 AM
I'm imagining a tool that works like Microsoft Visio. I think that would be beneficial.
Well, I would hope it works slightly better than that ;) but I was not imagining it being overly clever, just keeping stuff connected and allowing us users to lay it out as we like. For example, some engineers do distribution schematics top down, others do them bottom up as they would be in the building, if we can lay them out as we see fit, then both sets of engineers will be happy.