PDA

View Full Version : WTK safety standards

ny_dindial
2008-09-29, 12:58 PM
I would like to know the time required for and autoCAD technician to take a break after working for an hour or two..Can Anyone please shead some information.

cadtag
2008-09-29, 02:58 PM
well, after 36 hours I like to get up and stretch a bit.....

seriously though, if there is any requirement, it would be a statutory requirement and would be wholly dependent on the jurisdiction and labor laws in your location. As asked, the question has no meaning -- Acad does not care if you take a break or not. Heck the software could care less if you're sober, alert, or deceased.

Andy.88917
2008-09-29, 09:52 PM
I don't know of any requirements, suggestions or laws. For sure not an hour or two, maybe more like cadtag...a day or two.

jaberwok
2008-09-29, 10:04 PM
Some Scandinavian countries (Sweden?) have laws about this.
IIRC, if your entire job involves looking at a screen, you should have 10 minutes per hour doing something else - not necessarily free time though.

cadtag
2008-10-01, 04:14 PM
Some Scandinavian countries (Sweden?) have laws about this.
IIRC, if your entire job involves looking at a screen, you should have 10 minutes per hour doing something else - not necessarily free time though.

sheesh, what happened to that legendary viking spirit? I don't think the old traders and plunderers would have made if from Constaninople to Vinland by taking a break every hour!