PDA

View Full Version : Problem in View General

danzashishimai
2008-10-02, 07:31 AM
Hi,
I have a project in three levels. I have set up the project in the "project navigator".
When in views i create a new view dwg i have a problem in the view top.
The objects of the various levels are overlapping, they are all visible. They do not respect the cut plan.
I resolve the problem with doors and windows in the display properties, but I do not succeed with the stair.

Help me, thanks!

dzatto
2008-10-02, 02:00 PM
Hi,
I have a project in three levels. I have set up the project in the "project navigator".
When in views i create a new view dwg i have a problem in the view top.
The objects of the various levels are overlapping, they are all visible. They do not respect the cut plan.
I resolve the problem with doors and windows in the display properties, but I do not succeed with the stair.

Help me, thanks!
MOD, this should be in the PN thread. Can you please relocate it? Thanks.

Danzashishimai, there is a thread specifically for PN, I asked the mod to move it because you will probably get better responses.

The first question that comes to mind is why do you have all 3 levels in the same view? When I do multi level projects, I create a separate view file for each level as well as a separate construct for each level. I think that may be the problem.

danzashishimai
2008-10-02, 09:56 PM
In order to design the third level I have need to visualize the first 2 levels like reference.
I have created the DWG construct of the third level in the project navigator.
In these file i attack the first 2 constructions like xrif. When i set up the top view in order to design i visualize the three overlapping levels.
I try to change the heights of the cut plan but there are objects that do not answer.

dzatto
2008-10-06, 02:53 PM
In order to design the third level I have need to visualize the first 2 levels like reference.
I have created the DWG construct of the third level in the project navigator.
In these file i attack the first 2 constructions like xrif. When i set up the top view in order to design i visualize the three overlapping levels.
I try to change the heights of the cut plan but there are objects that do not answer.
Oh, okay. I thought you were creating views with multiple levels. You're still working in your constructs, just Xrefing them so you can draw the next level. I do the same thing and it works if I adjust my cut plane. How are you using the cut plane exactly? It's going to be hard to figure out why it doesn't work without actually seeing what you are doing, but we can try.

Also, check to make sure your stairs start at the correct level by viewing it from the side. You also should check the stair display properties and make sure that it isn't set to display below or above the cut plane, depending on what your are trying to do.