PDA

View Full Version : Organizing Clash Tests

mitch.cornelius
2008-10-06, 04:25 PM
I'm working on a project that is going to have over 200 separate clash tests. Is there a way to organize clash tests like you would organize the selection sets with folders and subfolders?

RobertB
2008-10-06, 04:45 PM
Oops... you know all this. I misread your request. Other than batches I know of no organizational features.

I'll leave the info here for others.

Yes, you can create clash batches that will only clash detect against specific criteria.

For example, in the AEC world it is common to create a batch to clash detect Arch vs. Elect or Struct vs. Mech.

The other organizational item I usually perform is to rename the separate clashes that are hits against the same group of objects to match the first clash of those objects, e.g. Clash47, Clash48 and Clash53 all point to the same objects, so I rename the clashes to Clash47, Clash47a, and Clash47b.

cjehly
2008-10-06, 11:35 PM
200 independant clash tests?

Have you broken it up by floor yet?

cjehly
2008-10-07, 10:34 PM
Oops... you know all this. I misread your request. Other than batches I know of no organizational features.

I'll leave the info here for others.

Yes, you can create clash batches that will only clash detect against specific criteria.

For example, in the AEC world it is common to create a batch to clash detect Arch vs. Elect or Struct vs. Mech.

The other organizational item I usually perform is to rename the separate clashes that are hits against the same group of objects to match the first clash of those objects, e.g. Clash47, Clash48 and Clash53 all point to the same objects, so I rename the clashes to Clash47, Clash47a, and Clash47b.

This is my biggest Wish List item. It seems like it would be incredibly easy to interject a prefix and/or suffix to any Batch clash.

mitch.cornelius
2008-10-08, 05:31 PM
I broke it up by floor, with about 20 clash tests per floor. I've just resolved to use a specific naming convention that allows me to sort the clash batch list by name. ie: [06] Level 04| 12: Mech-Struct