PDA

View Full Version : New Cars

MartyC
2004-09-30, 04:03 AM
Hello Ladies and Gentlemen

Those of you that may be searching for something a little more inspiring than the Purple Porch for your renderings should scoot over to accustudio.com. They appear to be having a bit of a do-up.

CheersM

beegee
2004-09-30, 05:21 AM
Is there a purple one ? ( I've been using the red one for everything... :smile: )

SkiSouth
2004-09-30, 12:00 PM
For those of you who haven't experienced it yet - Open the downloaded family (such as the new VW bug). If it doesn't render right in the family, then it will screw the rendering finishes in the project you use the the vehicle in. Such as the Landrover. There are some interesting finishes in that file that has caused all manner of metal rendering issues on my renderings. Use the vehicles you need from accustudio, but before you insert them into a project, render them in the family. Usually the error appears to be material path or material definition related.

MartyC
2004-09-30, 01:21 PM
You are right Begee, its actually hot pink!

Had a close look at the new car models and they need the layers re-assigned in some cases. I have noticed Revit-Accurender selects a single colour for layer numbers that are close. (eg same texture for paint and glass) I just change layer number in ACad before importing into new family template. Then assign new Accurender texture in 'materials'.

The raw models for these cars are out there, in .lwo, and these seem to be a little more accurate in terms of material/layer variations once converted to .dwg (not all 'similar' materials lumped together as one generic material/layer). It is still important to split up layer numbers in ACad before importing to Revit model template and applying textures. If anyone wants more detail on how I do it, leave a note here

Also, noted in Accurender NG the new format for Accustudio library, ther are still more cars and stuff coming. The Pink Porch is dead (or at least it shoould be!)

CheersM

sbrown
2004-09-30, 02:20 PM
Thanks for the update I used to visit accustudio frequently, but then nothing changed for well over a year. I'm not familiar with .lwo what file format is that?

SkiSouth
2004-09-30, 02:43 PM
I'm not familiar with .lwo what file format is that?

Lightwave 3d object by Newtek.

MartyC
2004-10-01, 07:04 AM
Hello again,

Actually, the Accustudio objects page is still the old one with a few add-ins, the new Accustudio objects page is this http://www.accustudio.com/exchange/objects.php?dir=

Borrowed the link from the Accurender NG, I think it is a preliminary one, but it does work. Hope they dont mind a few Revit folks going there early.....

CheersM

beegee
2004-10-01, 07:12 AM
Thanks Marty,

Its good that they have added dates so we can see whats new.