PDA

View Full Version : Interior Rendering Shot

hand471037
2003-05-06, 10:15 PM
I know I already posted this a ways back on the AutoDesk customer's files site; but I figured that I too would try my best to fill up Zoog's hard drive. :twisted:

Allen Lacy
2003-05-06, 10:33 PM
Very nice! What material are you using for glass block?

hand471037
2003-05-06, 10:43 PM
Pretty much everything in that shot is a custom procedural texture that I made. The glass block is simply a tile procedural. Accurender is way limited in it's materials in comparison to something like Truespace (which I also use) or Viz, so you have to layer the procedurals a ton to make up for it. I almost always use procedurals, for they work more predictably than a bitmap and don't have tiling problems.

Here's the shot I ment to post the first time... :roll:
Watch out for those pixel size limits!

christopher.zoog51272
2003-05-22, 02:04 AM
Congrats Jeffery,

This is our "image of the week" for the week of 5/19!
:D

hand471037
2003-05-22, 05:31 PM
Zoog, I don't know what that means, but it sounds good!

Thanks!

Jeffrey

christopher.zoog51272
2003-05-22, 05:47 PM
Zoog, I don't know what that means, but it sounds good!

Thanks!

Jeffrey

Check out the Home (http://www.zoogdesign.com/forums/phpBB2/portal.php) Page out. It's on the lower left. :D

hand471037
2003-05-22, 05:53 PM
Wow! Thanks! :D

Kroke
2003-05-22, 10:54 PM
So Jeffrey, what'dja render it with?

Viz/Truespace/Revit or something else? (by the looks of those plants, I'd say Accurender inside of Revit?)

I agree completely with Accurenders limited abilities. They're not bad but not a lot of options. I also don't like the fact that we don't have much control over texturing in Revit that we have in Accurender for Acad.

There's got to be a happy medium somewhere in between Accurender and Viz. :?:

hand471037
2003-05-22, 11:21 PM
This was done enterly within Revit using it's built-in Accurender. I haven't had the time to make a really good looking Revit model and bring it into TrueSpace to do a 'super-high-quality' rendering. I just use Truespace because it's what I own. I'd like to start using Radience, an open-source Linux rendering engine that is better than *everything* else, but it's a little over my head. Gotta learn more. :)

I wish we had the material editor from Viz Render, but the Sun/Radiosity and plants from Accurender. IMHO the radiosity in VIZ 4 is kinda a kludge and counter-intunitive. It looks nice, but man, after sitting through a class on Radiosity in VIZ 4, and seeing how much work it was to get a good solution out of it ('Radiosity override material' my ***- that's the dumbest thing I've ever seen, and I live in San Francisco, and have seen some king-*** dumbness in the last few years, I tell ya) I wanted to run away screaming...