PDA

View Full Version : -MODEL AND LAYER FILTERS

behrooz.mirfathali
2008-10-15, 02:49 PM
Hello, I am fairly new to this forum but so far it has been a great help. For the life of me I am unable to figure out several things about making DWF's.

1) I cannot seem to get the "-model" out of the default file name when creating a DWF. I just want the name of the current file I am working on. If I can, my macro will be a big time saver.

2) Creating filters for my DWF users. It would be nice if they can be a click away from viewing one type of data to another type of data.

If anybody can answer any of these questions, it would be greatly appreciated.

tedg
2008-10-15, 03:44 PM
Hello, I am fairly new to this forum but so far it has been a great help. For the life of me I am unable to figure out several things about making DWF's.

1) I cannot seem to get the "-model" out of the default file name when creating a DWF. I just want the name of the current file I am working on. If I can, my macro will be a big time saver.

2) Creating filters for my DWF users. It would be nice if they can be a click away from viewing one type of data to another type of data.

If anybody can answer any of these questions, it would be greatly appreciated.
I don't know allot about creating DWF's, how are creating yours?
I have a plotter configuration DWF6 ePLOT.pc3 which allows me to name it what ever I want. I basically treat it like a plot function similar to creating a "plt" file.

I know nothing about creating filters or any other settings in the dwf. (sorry)...maybe someone else has more info.

behrooz.mirfathali
2008-10-15, 04:09 PM
I don't know allot about creating DWF's, how are creating yours?
I have a plotter configuration DWF6 ePLOT.pc3 which allows me to name it what ever I want. I basically treat it like a plot function similar to creating a "plt" file.

I know nothing about creating filters or any other settings in the dwf. (sorry)...maybe someone else has more info.

Thanks for your reply.
I am using the same ploter configuration and I can re-name the file to anything I want, that is not the issue I am having. The trouble is that when I use a macro (button) to make a DWF, it leaves the -model after the file name by default. This is a troubling issue because I make quite allot of DWF's every day and it would be so much easier not having this as a default. All I want is my DWF's to have the same file name as my DWG's.

Panthersteeler521177160
2008-10-16, 07:26 PM
Great question as I create alot of PDFs and have experienced the same issue w/ 'Layout 1' ... I have been searching through 'Options' for a setting, I did not consider a macro. If I figure it out, I'll be sure to share the fortune!

behrooz.mirfathali
2008-10-17, 02:04 PM
Great question as I create alot of PDFs and have experienced the same issue w/ 'Layout 1' ... I have been searching through 'Options' for a setting, I did not consider a macro. If I figure it out, I'll be sure to share the fortune!

Please do!! ;)