PDA

View Full Version : ASD Steel Module

kathy71046
2008-10-16, 08:18 AM
I tried exporting my Revit model to ASD, and for some reason, every member that isn't a SHS or RHS section doesn't come through.

I get an error asking me to select sections for those members, and when I click okay, I only get part of my model.

Any ideas on what the problem might be?

kathy71046
2008-10-17, 02:09 AM
I went around ASD by setting all my members to RHS or SHS before exporting, and changing it in ASD, however now I find that every angle in the job is upside down.

Anyone have any ideas on how to flip them all other than manually? (editing the section profile seems to only be for new insertions.)

m20roxxers
2008-10-17, 03:24 AM
From previous discussions I would say this is simply a matter of waiting our time till Autodesk come up with better link systems between the two products. Talk to Fernando as his companies seems to have developed a system to allow better integration.

kathy71046
2008-10-17, 06:30 AM
*pokes Fernando*

I guess our third seat of Revit won't be purchased for a while then, as that one would be for ASD and detailing, so if it's broke, we ain't gonna buy it.

fernando
2008-10-17, 10:47 AM
Hi, i think your first problem is an inacurate family in Revit and in ASD, to this workflow works fine, we need a database of members in the 2 aplications, with same codes, and some construction settings, the export option send to ASD a database of information about espacial position of members and profile code information, if in ASD there is no members with the same codes ou constains it creates some errors or bad design.

Any help...ask....

kathy71046
2008-10-18, 03:12 AM
Hi Fernando,

Where would I find the database settings for ASD?

The sections for AUS are as they were supplied to me on the disks, and from what I can tell all the physical parameters are correct for both Revit and ASD (from the info in the profiles, vs manufacturer data book) but

I put a support request in, so if they didn't set them correctly than I hope someone at Autodesk will figure out what was set wrong.

However, I really don't like the fact they have UNAP as a designation for unequal angles, and EQAP for equal ones, so if I can edit the database, I can set the angles to display the way we would write them, and see if I can find what is designated wrongly for these and most of the other sections.

I can see this as having huge potential, both to my employer and my own business if I can just get these definitions to translate...and stop going crosseyed trying to find the right icon in asd :shock:

EddieS
2008-10-27, 05:28 AM
Hmmm...Interesting I plan to test this and see if I get the same issue..
As for the databases..

These are access databases and can found C:\Program Files\Common Files\Robobat\Common Data\Data\Prof