PDA

View Full Version : Working Planes

fabian.posadas
2008-10-28, 06:32 AM
I have not being using Ecotect for too long , but have found it to be a geat tool. I have even gotten the hang with the modeling tools, the only struggle I have with the modeling tools is that I cannot find a way to setup working planes. if I want to work on a certain facade (like add a window) It seems that I have to either work on it in Perspective or which ever orthographic view works best (side or front). in some 3d Modeling programs the user is able to snap a working plane(working grid) and is able to construct the model from that. I mainly use Rhino for traditional 3d modeling...and I am able to snap my construction plane on any surface wether its staight or sloped..then construct off that(such as adding windows). If Ecotect has/ or can have added - a feature like that, then It would be much easier to model just about anything.....This would be very helpful....

Fabian

cctvcaac
2009-02-11, 04:19 AM
As a easier performace analysis and modelling tool, Ecotect can not support for wording plane. Ecotect mostly like sketchup in this.

S.Heidrich1
2009-02-15, 05:53 AM
no working planes. To put a window or door in you have to click on the resp. wall where you want to put it in.

Whole different world to other CAD systems.