PDA

View Full Version : Create new Structural Member Styles

t_khoshzaman
2008-11-09, 07:10 PM
I want to create new structural member styles with vb.net codes. I referenced some .dlls but I can't make or change a new/existing style. I think I may use trasformby command with trasformation matrice but it doesn't work.
thanks for any reply

jonesb33145
2008-11-11, 05:50 AM
Try the AecHardwiredStylesMgd sample in the vb.net sample folder (comes in the standard install (C:\Program Files\AutoCAD Architecture 2008\Sample\VB.NET). It has samples on structural member styles as well as other styles.

t_khoshzaman
2008-11-19, 11:45 AM
Try the AecHardwiredStylesMgd sample in the vb.net sample folder (comes in the standard install (C:\Program Files\AutoCAD Architecture 2008\Sample\VB.NET). It has samples on structural member styles as well as other styles.

Thank you dear Jones
those files were very useful, but now I have 2 problems, first member styles or wall, door and other object too, have not materials and secone when I tried to use a loop for creating member styles, AutoCAD Architecture failed and exited. I think shapeId# variable must has a unique ID so it means that they can't be created runtimely.

jonesb33145
2008-11-19, 05:50 PM
could you possibly post what you are working with?

t_khoshzaman
2008-11-26, 07:47 AM
Hi dear Jones
Actually I'm working on "Creating member styles" section of AecHardwiredStylesMgd.dll that you showed me. I found my mistakes and now I can create any Column and Beam styles which I needed, but I can't assign them Concrete material via the program.
Thanks for your reply