PDA

View Full Version : double-acting solenoid valve

kbiv
2008-11-11, 05:56 PM
Here's one for you:

You have one physical device that's a three-position pneumatic valve- it has two solenoids, one at either end (push-pull). Now on the electrical schematic we need to indicated somehow that there are two different solenoids that are both part of the same component. On the pneumatic page, we need to show the one valve with the two solenoids (one at either end) and we need to XREF them in such a way that the valve, as a child of the solenoid component, can point to that parent in two different places (one for line xxx where solenoid A is, and one for line xxx where solenoid B is located) It's almost like we need two parents for one child, but we can't do that because there aren't two parents (it's only one component, so the BOM would be screwed up if we tried to show two parents)

If you can't follow me on this I'd be happy to send out a mock-up of how we'd like the end result to look.

Thanks in advance!

MJ

RenataP
2009-01-20, 12:58 PM
Hello,
Have you tried creating a child solenoid component? For example: coping HSV1.dwg, save as HSV2 for child and adding plus changing the needed attributes? (add xref and change tag1 to tag2) It might not be that simple as we have not yet incorporated our pneumatics to link with our electrical. It is something I would like to explore.
Please let us know if you come up with a solution.