PDA

View Full Version : Revit 2009 Export to Navisworks does nothing.

louissierra
2008-11-18, 11:46 PM
I recently upgraded my system to Vista and also upgraded to Revit 2009 and Navisworks 2009, both 64 bit. I installed the plug-in from Navisworks Manage for the export out of Revit. The Navisworks export appears in my Tools menu under external tools - however, when I select it nothing happens. No dialog box, no error, nothing. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the feature to no avail. Anyone else have this problem?

Louis

david.kingham
2008-11-30, 02:10 AM
The plugin for Revit is not compatible with 64 bit Revit yet, you will have to install the 32 bit version to export for now. I would suggest filing a support request so they get this done.

ekneer
2009-01-29, 06:00 PM
I'm not sure that's necessarily the problem. There is a 64-bit plugin option when installing Navis Manage, and I have successfully installed and exported on a 64-bit Revit 2009 installation.

That being said, I'm having the exact same problem on two of my 64-bit Vista Machines. I don't understand it, because I used the exact same installation disk and procedure on all the machines. Yet on two of them the external tools works perfectly, and on two it doesn't. All Revit 2009 64-bit, all Navisworks Manage 2009. (I have also tried uninstalling and re-installing multiple times)

Anyone else have any ideas on how to troubleshoot this? I'll keep you updated if I find a solution.

david.kingham
2009-01-30, 02:49 AM
Are you positive you're using the 64 bit version of Revit? This has to be downloaded from the subscription center, it's not on the disk

ekneer
2009-01-30, 05:24 PM
Ahh...right you are David. I should've known better than to question you. :-)

The two that are working are the two that I didn't install Revit on myself and I assumed since they were on 64-bit machines that the users installed the 64-bit version of Revit. So when I came back to install Navis on all those machines I didn't understand why it didn't work on some. Just checked the build, and the two that are working are the 32-bit build of Revit.

So now that we've identified the problem, does anyone know when Autodesk plans on patching this bug?

Thanks for all the help,

david.kingham
2009-01-30, 05:43 PM
Haha no worries, I would guess they will have it fixed for 2010 but who knows. Maybe Andy Thelwell will chime in?