PDA

View Full Version : Changing precision of stations to 3 decimal places

ebhram
2008-11-19, 11:18 AM
I am using Civil 3d 2009.

Does anyone know how to change the precision to 3 decimal places on stationing?
On Settings Tab, I do right click on it and choose edit drawing settings.
Under Ambient Settings Tab on Chainage, I set the precision to 3.
But whenever I make an alignment, the stations appearing on the drawing still on precision 2.

Is it possible that whenever I started a new drawing will be always on precision 3?
Kindly advice.

gandocadguy
2008-11-19, 01:00 PM
In the label? You change it in your label style. go to settings -> alignment -> station -> major stations pick your label style. Edit it. Then on the text area change it to 3 places and make sure you hit the blue arrow. See attached picture.

gandocadguy
2008-11-19, 01:01 PM
Missed the attachment. here you go.

brian.hailey933139
2008-11-23, 05:57 AM
I like to tell my students, the ambient settings (or feature/command settings) are only for how you interact with the drawing. For example, the precision in a dialog box. They have absolutely nothing to do with labeling. As gandocadguy said, that is handled via label styles. To get the new drawings to always have this set up this way, you'll need to change the label style in the template used to create the file.

nleonard
2010-05-12, 12:39 PM
Just be sure you clear the text field to the right first, change the precision, then hit the blue arrow. If you hit the blue arrow, which adds the settings to the field, before you clear the existing settings, you'll get a garbled mess for the station labels.

chris805_1996
2010-05-20, 11:09 PM
Brian the ambient settings do dictate what precision is provided as the default when you add new properties into the text components, so there is a connection. Granted it's not obvious, but the ambient settings do play a minor part in labels.