PDA

View Full Version : Error loading Lisp

jkramer
2004-10-05, 05:03 PM
What should one do when you get an error loading a lisp?

I have a startup lisp routine that loads seven other routines. It works just fine on my computer, but I was using another one in our office the other day, and noticed that there is an "error loading vertex". I've loaded that one lisp manually and it works fine.

Where to look next?

Thanks,
Jessica

Ed Jobe
2004-10-05, 05:07 PM
Sounds like that the file is in a folder that's not in that computer's support file search path.

richard.binning
2004-10-05, 06:12 PM
It depends on how you are loading that one...are you using a conditional based on findfile? If so then you could put it there.

I usually override the ai nofile function in my acaddoc lisp to personalize the "missing file" notification message. Like this:

;;; OverRide stock AutoCAD autoload failure response
(defun ai_nofile (filename)
(princ
(strcat "\nThe file "
filename
" (.lsp/.exe/.arx) was not found!"
)
)
(princ "\nPlease contact the CAD Manager at Ext. 4855 for assistance...")(princ)
(princ)
)

In straight load code, I usually try to provide an error return message such as:

(load "User2005.lsp" "\nTHC Users Personal Custom Lisp not found...Contact CAD Manager #4855")

jkramer
2004-10-05, 06:22 PM
Thanks for the suggestions! Putting the lisp location in the file support seemed to do the trick! :Puffy:

richard.binning
2004-10-05, 06:26 PM
The real trick is to ensure that users always have your support paths defined and loaded. I'll be teaching a class on this at AUGI's first RUG (Regional User Group) meeting. If you can make it to Jacksonville in November for a solid day of training, then be sure to sign up for the course. Check the following link for more information.

http://www.cadcamp.com

Hope that helps,