PDA

View Full Version : Wipeouts & AEC objects

Steve_Bennett
2004-10-05, 08:02 PM
I'm REALLY frustrated with a problem I'm having with wipeouts. I've been using wipeouts to cover up AEC objects regularly for the last couple months on projects. Now suddenly I'm having an issue & I can't seem to figure out what happened. Here it is:

I'll create a wipeout to cover some joist objects. In Model space it hides the objects just fine. In Paper space it hides the objects just fine. Performing a plot preview hides the objects just fine. However, once plotted, the objects print as if the wipeout does not exist.

As far as I know, nothing has changed to the templates we use to cause the wipeouts to stop working (the only thing done recently is that I cleaned out the templates with purge, but I don't see how that would affect anything). I've read some threads on AUGI in regards to wiepouts not working, but they seem to apply mostly to PDF files. I've tried taking the objects & pasting them into a fresh drawing, using a fresh drawing of a different scale, checking plot options/viewport options, etc. Any help would be much appreciated.

System:
ADT 2004
XP Pro, Service Pack 1
2.8ghz P4, 512 ram, 64mb video
Network Printer:
HP LaserJet 8150N

tbedrich
2004-10-05, 09:28 PM
Try bring the wipeout to the front in the display order

Steve_Bennett
2004-10-05, 09:48 PM
Tried bringing the wipeout to the front to no avail. Tried sending the objects to the back to no avail. Tried bringing above/below options also, to no avail. :banghead:

Thanks for the reply though!

mjfarrell
2004-10-05, 10:18 PM
Please post a small sample file for us to look at it.
You should include your CTB/STB file as well.

Steve_Bennett
2004-10-05, 10:42 PM
Here is a zip file of the dwg. & the associated STB. I left the appropriate PS tab as current which will print on 11x17 size paper. When clicking on the MS tab, I have left the view zoomed into the location of the wipeout & noted it as such.

Also, the problem happens if you are in low or medium display configurations & with tframes on or off.

Thanks in advance for taking a look at it.

mjfarrell
2004-10-05, 11:11 PM
Without a local version of your plotter installed ADT
is substituting the NONE plot device for us.
With that limitation in mind I suggest that you look
at the Plot Paper Space Last option must be cleared
before you plot to ensure that the wipeout object is
plotted correctly.

If all is well there, verify that your plotter drivers
have not been changed, or if a new plotter verify
that you have correct and current drivers.
Also verify that the graphics options are all enabled
within the properties for that plotter within ADT
on the Plot Device tab of page setup.

Steve_Bennett
2004-10-05, 11:47 PM
Without a local version of your plotter installed ADT
is substituting the NONE plot device for us.
With that limitation in mind I suggest that you look
at the Plot Paper Space Last option must be cleared
before you plot to ensure that the wipeout object is
plotted correctly.

If all is well there, verify that your plotter drivers
have not been changed, or if a new plotter verify
that you have correct and current drivers.
Also verify that the graphics options are all enabled
within the properties for that plotter within ADT
on the Plot Device tab of page setup.
Plot Paper Space Last option is cleared. Printer drivers haven't changed & this is the same machine I used a few days ago & didn't have this problem. I checked to see if all graphics options are enabled for the printer. I've posted some screen shots of my settings for the printer (in a word doc, zipped). Would you please take a look at these & see if it looks like it should?

jwanstaett
2004-10-06, 01:25 PM
if AEC object are all you need to hide you should be using mask blocks not wipeouts. The mask blocks was make to replace the wipeout when working with AEC object.

Steve_Bennett
2004-10-06, 04:59 PM
Hmmm... Mask block eh? This does what I want it to do, but takes longer to make it work. I'll have to look into this further.

Thanks for the suggestion!