PDA

View Full Version : Stadium rendering

Martin P
2004-10-06, 11:52 AM
Any suggestions or tips for a sea of heads and people??

PeterJ
2004-10-06, 12:07 PM
Decals?

Must be possible to find something on the web which will look about right, then set a series of vertical planes (thin generic families) up your ranks of seats and stick a decal on each. The decal will only show in the areas where it actrually touches the hosting family so you should be able to show different crowd members on each one well enough for it to look the part in a rendering.

RPC also have setaed people if you want fancier control but at a cost.....maybe of use in close in areas.

Martin P
2004-10-06, 12:22 PM
Was thinking along the same lines Pete, decals seem like a good option, now to google for crowds (that look cold and are eating pies)

Paul P.
2004-10-06, 12:25 PM
Yeah don't forget the pies. :)

PeterJ
2004-10-06, 12:51 PM
look cold and are eating pies
grey tea from polystyrene cups,....

good to hear Inverness FC are getting a new home!

SkiSouth
2004-10-06, 01:43 PM
Here's an example from the stadium file included with 3dsmax 6.0 - (Intel's speed test) - The Spurs home court. Note that some of the seats have been changed in color and it comes off somewhat like people in the background. Perhaps a few decals up front with a color change on the seats - Personally, I've enjoyed Manchester United's play.....

J. Grouchy
2004-10-06, 02:02 PM
Please let's not get off onto sports talk...if so, maybe we should move this thread into the "Out There" forum where all the Aussie's talk about rugby.

Martin P
2004-10-07, 09:10 AM
good to hear Inverness FC are getting a new home!

You have heard about that LOL!! Yes they are a bit homeless at the moment this one is for their old arch rivals in division 1 Ross county..... Am going to not bother with crowds as the seats are to say "RCFC" - but all the consultants involved are going to have a bit of free advertising on the hoardings!! I may put a few people in the the foreground and some goalposts/pitch etc for a bit of scale...

here it is unredered etc, will post the finished one later....

Nic M.
2004-10-07, 09:22 AM
Looks great Martin
Seems you have the Array tool under control...

SkiSouth
2004-10-07, 10:55 AM
"RCFC" - .... Hummmm - Royal Canadian Football Club????
:D - Stands look great looking forward to the finished render...

Martin P
2004-10-07, 02:29 PM
No crowds and no players :( it has to be in tomorrow so I cant spend anymore time on it now - would have liked to had some overtime taking pictures at the game!!

christopher.zoog51272
2004-10-07, 02:41 PM
very cool martin!

Martin P
2004-10-07, 07:53 PM
Thanks Chris :) I had a lot of fun doing this one, would really have like to have followed it through and "polished" it a lot more, if we win the job I might just do it for the sake of it..

Steve_Stafford
2004-10-07, 08:29 PM
...have followed it through and "polished" it a lot more...You mean like putting Yin Yin in goal and LaRon at Left defender and maybe a Porsche parked in the distance??:razz:

Martin P
2004-10-07, 08:46 PM
LOL :) yes thats right, I am sure there is also an RPC Football somewhere I have seen. After looking at the new stuff on the accurender site I could maybe have some helicopters, planes and boats too.

Steve_Stafford
2004-10-07, 09:25 PM
LOL :) yes thats right, I am sure there is also an RPC Football somewhere I have seen. After looking at the new stuff on the accurender site I could maybe have some helicopters, planes and boats too.There's a football at R...ooh nevermind...sorry...:)

SkiSouth
2004-10-08, 01:15 AM
No crowds and no players :( it has to be in tomorrow so I cant spend anymore time on it now - would have liked to had some overtime taking pictures at the game!!

Nice work Martin - Don't you just hate deadlines....I definitely want to see your "shopped" image when finished...

Martin P
2004-10-08, 12:17 PM
Are streakers a british Phenomena?

Spent a little time "shopping" this image, a Friday kind of job it was ;)

Nic M.
2004-10-08, 12:32 PM
I'm one!
We had to do it when I was a boy scout.
Just a quick round of the camping place.

And now they wonder how we got someone like Dutroux...

PS Great rendering Martin

Paul P.
2004-10-08, 12:40 PM
Is adding a streaker included in the price. :-)

christopher.zoog51272
2004-10-08, 01:19 PM
Are streakers a british Phenomena?

Spent a little time "shopping" this image, a Friday kind of job it was ;)
LOL, my coffee was just splattered on my keyboard, thanks for that martin:twisted: