PDA

View Full Version : Table Text and Layers

boyerd
2008-11-27, 06:00 PM
I want to create a Table with the Text on a specific Layer and Specific text Style. I know that it will allow you to specify a Style but when I plot the weight isn't there (my various text styles are color dependent for weight and they don't work in a Table).
Why doesn't the Table creation process allow for this or is it buried deep inside somewhere. I hate when I want to do something and it's there buried away and not readily available and no real way to dig out the 'how to' of it. It should be part of the Table creation process,,right?
Thank you

cadtag
2008-12-01, 06:02 PM
Well, you can create the entire Table object on the layer you want. What you can't do is put the linework and text on different layers.

There are a couple of workarounds -- One requires using TrueType fonts for the table text. TTF fonts ignore the ctb settings, and plot/print at an appropriate weight for the text height.

The other is to set the text color explcitly in the table style, so the text ignores the layer color, and uses the color defined in the tablestyle.