PDA

View Full Version : NWF Attached Files Export List

alan.couture
2008-11-30, 09:44 PM
Looking for a way to export a list of all files which are attached to a NWF ideally also including the path. We "look" into our drawing management system for some files with an occasional file attached via a general station harddrive and are also looking to remotely attach files from our main office as we are remote at a site office. Often we need to recreate the NWF (at least with J5) due to attachment sizes and problems with the NWF preventing it from opening completely or publishing. As a result sometimes files are "lost" when rebuilding the NWF.

Hope the explanation was clear enough.

dgorsman
2008-12-03, 03:35 PM
Wild stab in the dark, but how about checking the "Scene statistics"?

alan.couture
2008-12-03, 10:28 PM
Got us part way there, would like to see an "export" to report option as currently I'm copying the content out into excel and then adjusting the content for reports. Ideally there would be provided more summary information in the dialog such as total file count, etc.

Would this go down as a "Wish List" items?

Appreciate your input.

amixam
2008-12-04, 12:47 AM
Another method to consider is to download the surveyor plug-in from Arkitectonix (http://www.arkitectonix.com/content/?id=21) and create a search set based on file names. You can export the search set data as an Excel file. Since it's a search set, as the model gets updated with newer or fewer models, the search set will do so also.

I created a search set with the following:

Category: Item
Property: File Name
Condition:Contains
Value: C (as in C://desktop.......)

Using the surveyor plugin, I can choose to export any of the metadata including path and source file names into an Excel file.

You could also use this to export any of the object property data from any field.

Cheers,