PDA

View Full Version : Feature line arcs

jenniferchavez
2008-12-12, 10:57 PM
I am working on a parking lot. I thought that the 3d feature line was supposed to support arcs. but when I create my surface it is making a straight line from pc to pc. Any ideas how to change the tessilation on an feature line arc?

brian.hailey933139
2008-12-13, 12:04 AM
Feature lines support arcs but surfaces don't. When you add the feature line to your surface, it has to assume straight line segments. In order to have the straight line segments follow more closely along the feature line, change the mid-ordinate distance when creating the breaklines.

jenniferchavez
2008-12-15, 09:30 PM
Any ideas if it doesnt work? I have tried to add verticies to the feature line to, but that does reallllly weird stuff.

jpaulsen
2008-12-16, 04:20 PM
Brian's response was accurate. When you add the feature lines to the surface as break lines change the mid-ordinate distance to a small value like 0.1 or 0.05.

brainman1000
2008-12-16, 04:53 PM
Any ideas if it doesnt work? I have tried to add verticies to the feature line to, but that does reallllly weird stuff.
If you have already added the feature line to the surface, your best bet is to remove it from the surface definition and then re-add it with the mid-ordinate adjusted. Trying to add verticies to the feature line can have some strange results.