PDA

View Full Version : Breaking Proposed Profiles

tpadgett
2008-12-18, 05:33 PM
Is there a way to break a proposed profile grade without losing labels from the break point on?

Anthony Rhodes
2008-12-18, 06:13 PM
I do not think so. I ran into the same problem recently. I got around it by ending one proposed profile where I needed the break and starting a new one at the end of the break. Not exactly a perfect solution but it did get the job done.

Matt_Drainage
2008-12-19, 06:09 PM
This is a quick and dirty way of doing what you want. Try tracing or drawing the orginal profile line to the point that you want it to end. After you have the line created, go into the style and cut the orginal line off via its layer. This will allow the orginal profile to exist with with the newly created overlap as showing. It seems like an easy way out.

Coolmo
2008-12-19, 07:59 PM
You could create another style that doesn't show the profile linework but does show the grades and such and then copy your profile, split it, and change the one you don't want to show to the new style.

tpadgett
2008-12-31, 03:43 PM
YEah that seems as though it could get pretty complicated with ditch, centerline alignments corridors and cross sections.

Sheesh.

brian.hailey933139
2009-01-01, 12:21 AM
How about three profile views? First and last profile view has profile displayed, middle doesn't. Just a thought.