PDA

View Full Version : Screen resolution is changing by itself??

peja
2008-12-23, 10:20 AM
A colleague of mine has the following problem.
His screen resolution is 1024x768, but a few days ago, when he opened
a dwg in Autocad mechanical 2007 his screen resolution changed to 800x600.
When he closed Autocad mechanical 2007 his screen resolution returned
back to 1024x768.
Now he has the same problem with every drawing he opens.

I do not seem to find the problem, does someone has an idea??

jonathan.landeros
2009-01-06, 02:39 AM
Right click on your ACAD-M icon, and choose the 'Compatibility' tab.

Make sure the boxes to run in a lower resolution or in 256 color mode are unchecked.

I once saw a system that somehow (to this day I have no idea) got that box checked and did something almost exactly like you're describing.

I hope this helps!

eckhardtnw
2009-01-06, 03:44 PM
I am having the same problem as Peja's colleague. I have contacted our companies help desk and they have tried to fix the problem. They have completely removed AutoCAD MEP 2008 and reloaded it after fixes it didn't help. I use a Dell laptop Latitude D420, Intel Core Duo CPU, U28500 @1.2GHz, 1.99GB of Ram. I also use a docking station with an external monitor.

I get the error of "AutoCAD required 1024X768 resolution or higher to run", then it says it is aborting, but it opens anyway.

Duel screen: I keep my notebook screen resolution at 640X480 and the monitor at 1280X1024, and the change only affects the notebook screen.

Notebook closed: the monitor changes from 1280X1024 to 640X40 (which is lower than I have the option to change it).

After the change I have to go back into settings and adjust the screen resolution. Sometimes during saving or printing it changes back, and I have to keep correcting it.

Any additional details on how to fix it? The next option (per the help desk) is Re-imaging, or to get a new notebook. They say it could be the graphics card or some other Windows based problem.

Also, I can not figure out how to use jonathan.landeros advise to:
Right click on your ACAD-M icon, and choose the 'Compatibility' tab.

Make sure the boxes to run in a lower resolution or in 256 color mode are unchecked.

Thanks for any help,
GuapoCuda

jonathan.landeros
2009-01-07, 04:06 AM
The one I ran into was in AutoCAD Mechanical, not ACAD-MEP, but here's how we fixed a similar issue.

Right clicking on the icon (see attached icon.jpg).

Right click on it and choose 'Properties'.

On the dialog box that props up, choose the compatibility tab. (see compat mode.jpg)

Then make sure that none of the check boxes are set to reduce the resolution.

Sorry I don't have better screen captures. This system doesn't have Snagit (my preferred program) on it.

peja
2009-01-08, 01:40 PM
Thanks for the information Jonathan,

Your solution resolved the problem.

eckhardtnw
2009-01-13, 07:06 PM
AWESOME, that is exactly what I needed. This solution worked with MEP 2008 perfectly. You and the Master Chief Rock! Thanks for helping and relieving my mental agony.