PDA

View Full Version : has anyone had any luck with fields and revision date & note?

ALopez.75899
2004-10-08, 11:25 PM
We are trying to figure out a way that AutoCAD looks at the most current revisions date and number when creating drawing lists. Has anyone experimented with this?

Amador

Wanderer
2004-11-24, 07:12 PM
We are trying to figure out a way that AutoCAD looks at the most current revisions date and number when creating drawing lists. Has anyone experimented with this?

Amador
I haven't played around much with fields.

Are you saying you want autocad to look at the properties of the drawing file and see the last time the drawing was modified and update a field with that?

jabrigo
2004-12-15, 10:12 PM
We are xrefing title blocks and in that title block could we put a field in there like the CurrentSheetNumber field so that every time you xref that block, the field would also appear? I tried doing it but it does not work. This is just a thought. maybe it would save time to insert the field in the xreffed title block than to insert it one by on every single sheet.

tbedrich
2004-12-16, 03:25 PM
I have tried using fileds. Using them to get the current date does not work unless you edit it when you want it updated, so I have found it easier to just use text.

swhitham
2004-12-21, 06:24 PM
Yes, what I have used is: Under Fields I use SaveDate.Then any time the Drawing is saved The Revised date is Saved.

thomas.stright
2004-12-21, 06:47 PM
Yes, what I have used is: Under Fields I use SaveDate.Then any time the Drawing is saved The Revised date is Saved.
What happens when a user saves without making a revision?