PDA

View Full Version : Block name tags

hill76
2009-01-09, 08:15 PM
Hello, I need some help, I was recently was laid off from a place that was using Autocad 09, now I am working at a place that is using(no one laugh) Generic cadd, I am trying to get them to update to 2009, because the steps they take here in design are ancient. I want to make sure (because I have unlearned 10 years of drafting) if in 09 that you can create blocks and tag them to have the tag be the name of the block. Ex. If i have a block for a fitting called B14, when I go to tag that will it tag it(B14) by the block name?

Thanks for any help.

tedg
2009-01-09, 08:35 PM
Hello, I need some help, I was recently was laid off from a place that was using Autocad 09, now I am working at a place that is using(no one laugh) Generic cadd, I am trying to get them to update to 2009, because the steps they take here in design are ancient. I want to make sure (because I have unlearned 10 years of drafting) if in 09 that you can create blocks and tag them to have the tag be the name of the block. Ex. If i have a block for a fitting called B14, when I go to tag that will it tag it(B14) by the block name?

Thanks for any help.

Welcome to AUGI :beer:
Are you talking about a block name or an Attribute value (which CAN be the same value)?, example: a block can be called B14 and have an attribute tag B14 (if that helps)