PDA

View Full Version : Parcels Properties Analysis list extra segments?

fairhilleng
2009-01-13, 09:23 PM
I've created Parcels using both Create parcel by Layout and Create parcel from Objects. I need to edit the parcels to make them larger/smaller etc. I moved some parcels that were created by layout by dragging the diamond to the new location. I edit the pacels created from Objects by drag and snap to the new location. I also deleted some parcel segments with Edit Parcel Segments - Parcel Layout Tools - delete sub-entity and then created a new segment by Create Parcel from Objects.

When I check the Parcel Properties - Analysis Tab I notice that extra line segments are listed along the same bearing. It looks like the segments may be located where the old segment was.

Is there a way to eliminate the extra segments so the Analysis lists the entire span rather than the extra segments?

John Mascari, Fair Hill Engineering, Civil 3D 2008

fairhilleng
2009-01-26, 02:53 PM
Has anyone else seen these extra segments in the analysis?

sinc
2009-01-26, 03:50 PM
If you are talking about the "hard PIs" that get left behind while editing Parcels, then yes. They are incredibly annoying.

Unfortunately, Parcels are dependent upon the linework used to create them. Each time you create a new Parcel segment, either by using Parcel tools or by creating the Parcel from linework, the endpoints of the source linework get remembered as "hard PIs" that can't be deleted using the Parcel Tools. The only way to get rid of them is to delete the entire stretch, and re-add it as a single piece of linework. Of course, this will also temporarily destroy your Parcels, and they will renumber themselves, lose styles, lose UDPs, etc.

Working with Parcels is definitely an exercise in patience. At times, I've toyed with forgetting them entirely and going with Map Topologies and Map Annotations instead, but there are enough useful things in Parcels that I keep using them. It's a close call, though, since Map Topologies have aspects that are superior to C3D Parcels.

Lisa Marie
2009-05-05, 01:12 PM
I am having the same problem with my parcels, and I have no extra "hard PI's". Mine is splitting the line where other parcels tough it. So if I have two parcels abutting one parcel, it will split the like every place the parcels touch. The only way around it I have found is using separate sites, but I am hoping there is something else. If anyone knows if there is a setting and where it is, please let me know.

Lisa Marie
2009-05-07, 06:29 PM
Well I talked to our AutoCAD Civil 3D supplier and they said the only way to stop parcels from interfearing with each other is to put them on separate sites. So I copied the parcels that were getting segmented to another site and just combined all the closures from the analysis. This worked fine, but I would rather not have to place parcels on different sites just so the closures are right.