PDA

View Full Version : Design Checks

pat.pennington
2009-01-14, 03:57 PM
After creating a design check for a profile. I am not seeing an exclamation point for the failed VC. Is there a setting to display the exclamation point? Please keep in mind that I'm refering to a Design Check not the Design Criteria File.

I'm also seeing weird behavior where the exclamation point is displaying in the Profile Grid View on the wrong PVI No.. The PVI before the PVI with the exclamation point is the actual PVI point with the wrong Length of Curve. Once I correct the PVI with the wrong Length of Curve the exclamation point on the next PVI goes away. What's also weird is I have the Design Check set to Sag Curves Only and the exclamation point is showing on a Crest Curve in the Profile Grid View. See attachments.

Finally, the same behavior appears in the Profile Layout Parameters except the exclamation point only display on the PVI with the wrong length of curve if I select the following PVI first.

Anybody have any ideas why this happening or is this by design?

Thx for your time.

Pat

brainman1000
2009-01-14, 04:20 PM
Check to see if the "Use design check file" selected in the profile properties. It may be checking it against the AASHTO file as well as the design check criteria you created.

pat.pennington
2009-01-15, 03:59 PM
The "Use design check file" is not checked. Good thought though.

Pat