PDA

View Full Version : Altenative Commands

BeKirra
2009-01-30, 04:54 AM
Hi ALL
Does anyone know what are the commands in Mech version to replace the following:
1) SECTIONPLANE
2) LIVESECTION

Some say that these commands have been disabled in Mech version.

Your helps are much appreciated.

BrenBren
2009-01-30, 04:42 PM
What version of the software are you referring to?

BeKirra
2009-02-03, 01:34 AM
What version of the software are you referring to?

My version is Mech 2009.
Thanks.

BrenBren
2009-02-04, 02:54 PM
My understanding is that these commands don't work as they were designed to work with standard AutoCAD 3D objects, not mechanical parts.

BeKirra
2009-02-05, 09:52 PM
My understanding is that these commands don't work as they were designed to work with standard AutoCAD 3D objects, not mechanical parts.
But, is there a similar command with mech version?

BrenBren
2009-02-06, 09:51 PM
But, is there a similar command with mech version?

I don't think so, not in Autodesk Mechanical, which is primarily viewed as a 2D product.

Depending on what you are trying to do, you can open the vanilla AutoCAD profile and create 3D objects that way; but if you want to use those commands on the standard mechanical parts, I don't think there is a way to do that - at least none that I have found yet.

Of course, we use Mechanical because most of our work is done in 2D.

If you are doing mostly 3D modeling in a mechanical field, you may also want to look at Inventor.

BeKirra
2009-02-09, 10:45 PM

Another question:
Why Autodesk disables some 3d functions while providing mech design tools?
I know that mech tools works in 2d environment.
But mech version should allow the users to do 3d tasks on the same drawing.

I ask this because I think you may be the right person to talk to as you are the wish list manager.
Or may I ask for adding it to the wish list for next mech version?

Thanks.

BrenBren
2009-02-10, 03:43 PM
Another question:
Why Autodesk disables some 3d functions while providing mech design tools?
I know that mech tools works in 2d environment.
But mech version should allow the users to do 3d tasks on the same drawing.

I ask this because I think you may be the right person to talk to as you are the wish list manager.
Or may I ask for adding it to the wish list for next mech version?

Thanks.

I'm not the right person to ask; I just use the product. :)

I don't know why they disabled those tools. I agree that you should be able to use those tools to do 3D tasks on a drawing, and I guess the only answer I have is to use vanilla, which has those tools.

If you want to include that in the next wish list, I suggest posting it here (http://forums.augi.com/forumdisplay.php?f=290)

BeKirra
2009-02-10, 10:43 PM
I'm not the right person to ask; I just use the product. :)

I don't know why they disabled those tools. I agree that you should be able to use those tools to do 3D tasks on a drawing, and I guess the only answer I have is to use vanilla, which has those tools.

If you want to include that in the next wish list, I suggest posting it here (http://forums.augi.com/forumdisplay.php?f=290)

T H A N K S
I've just added it to the Wish List.