PDA

View Full Version : Failed to open FDO connection

amaser
2009-02-17, 08:00 PM
I tried to insert some arcGIS data into a dwg (LDC2009). it said it owrked, didn't see anything. erased the GIS data from it's path (on my desktop) and now every so often when i open the drawing, i get 'Failed to open FDO connection' the directory (where the soruce was) does not exist'. how do i tell it to remove the links, or get it to stop trying to put any data there? I want to simply remove all references, since i have gotten the solution we need a different way.

Thanx

Jmurphy
2009-02-17, 09:00 PM
Go back into the data connect, highlight the data that you connected to, right click, disconnect, then Delete connection.

amaser
2009-02-17, 09:06 PM
Go back into the data connect, highlight the data that you connected to, right click, disconnect, then Delete connection.

where do i do that? if i look at the map-->databases-->data sources--> connect, it says No non-connected, attached databases. not sure where else to look

Jmurphy
2009-02-17, 09:14 PM
where do i do that? if i look at the map-->databases-->data sources--> connect, it says No non-connected, attached databases. not sure where else to look
On the map Task pane, (MAPWSPACE) the Data Icon, Connect to Data, that will open the FDO palette, there should be one file/connection there that was used to bring in the data. Just right Click on it and Select DELETE.

amaser
2009-02-17, 09:22 PM
On the map Task pane, (MAPWSPACE) the Data Icon, Connect to Data, that will open the FDO palette, there should be one file/connection there that was used to bring in the data. Just right Click on it and Select DELETE.

That got it, Thanx

Jmurphy
2009-02-18, 01:18 PM
You're welcome.

cmayeux
2010-05-14, 03:05 PM
I am having a problem connecting to a WMS service using AutoCAD Map 3D 2010 that I can connect to using ArcMap 9.3.

I get seven

Failed to connect messages

with details of

Failed to open FDO connection

and

The server returned no data.

Any ideas why I can make the connection using ArcMap but not AutoCAD Map?