PDA

View Full Version : Reflected Ceiling Plan View

c.mcmahon
2009-03-03, 04:18 PM
Is there any special way to set up the view for a reflected ceiling plan? Do you have to cut it and reverse the view or anything? I'm a little confused by this. Thanks.

dkoch
2009-03-03, 06:09 PM
A reflected ceiling plan is, in my experience, generally drawn in the same orientation as the plan (as though the floor had been covered with a mirror, reflecting the view of the ceiling above). You will likely want to use a Display Configuration that has been set up to display ceiling plans, such as the out-of-the-box Reflected or Reflected Screened. Your office may have a custom Display Configuration.

c.mcmahon
2009-03-03, 08:31 PM
Alright great. I wasn't sure it had to be modeled a certain way and then placed at a certain height on the z axis.

dkoch
2009-03-05, 01:04 AM
That would depend upon what you need out of your model. If you are only generating plan view, then Z-axis location may not be critical. If you are looking to generate 3D views of spaces, then you may want to place the ceiling grids at the correct heights. If you use a Space as the bounding object for a grid, the grid will be placed at the ceiling height of the space.

Note that ceiling grids are just that - grids. In a 3D view, you can see right through them. No big deal for a reflected ceiling plan, but not necessarily so nice if you are trying to generate a rendering.