PDA

View Full Version : Where do I get more plant libraries.

hdjohnson
2004-10-21, 03:53 PM
I've downloaded all of the plib from accurender and accustudio, but was wondering if there was another place that had plants already made for use with accurender?

I would really like to get some various types of grasses and some redwood trees. Any thoughts....

beegee
2004-10-22, 04:16 AM
Given that R7.0 supports RP3 content, this could interest you , if you don't mind paying for the content.

October 21, 2004 - ArchVision, Inc. today announced the availability of 3D RPC (Rich Photorealistic Content) Shrubs and Ornamental Grasses Volume 2. This assortment of 30 highly detailed 3D shrubs and grasses is perfectly suited for use in 3D renderings and animations where detailed landscaping is needed. The collection contains a broad variety of popular plants ranging from Elephant Ears to Wintergreen Barberry.

hdjohnson
2004-10-22, 03:20 PM
Are you able to change the size of RPC plants?

beegee
2004-10-22, 11:33 PM
Are you able to change the size of RPC plants?
Not parametrically. You would substitute a different RPC family of a larger/smaller plant.

hand471037
2004-10-23, 07:05 PM
we use a lot of RPC plants, and I have to say the can cause issues within Revit.

First off, there's a bug that sometimes makes them not render properly when running low on memory and you try to render the same view twice in a row- you have to restart Revit to get them to render properly.

Second, If you've got a lot of them in a row behind each other, unless your transparency bounces are way high you'll have a problem, for the 6th or 7th plant in a row won't render right for it won't think it's transparent.

Third, as the RPC trees disappear into the distance, they start to get darker, and eventually start to look like they are burnt or something.

I've taken to only using RPC plants for certain things, like close up trees or grasses, otherwise I'll stick to the Accurender ones (which do take longer to render). I'm hoping that R7 fixes some of these problems with RPC content, for other programs don't seem to have such issues... But one thing's for certain, my parking lots won't look so abandoned anymore. :D

Haden
2004-11-08, 06:15 PM
I've downloaded all of the plib from accurender and accustudio
I tried that, and it didn't want to install without a properly setup Accurender library directory. Does this mean I have to have more than the embedded Revit Accurender engine to use this "plib," or is it as simple as creating a certain folder structure that the plib installation can find?

andremiko
2004-11-08, 06:39 PM
Try the plant library in Exchange. LMAO:razz:

Arnel Aguel
2004-11-09, 07:42 AM
How I wish that Accurender can support alpha channel opacity map as in viz, then that would solve all your problems.

Go out and take a picture of your entourage trees, people, cars etc. then do some photo editing separate the alpha channel from the image and finally use both in your rendering. That is how professional renderer did their job they don't rely on plug-ins.

beegee
2004-11-09, 08:40 AM
Do you mean like this ?

mmodernc
2004-11-09, 11:29 AM
You can make any tree you like in accurender parametrically. Place a tree, open its property dialog box, select it, this opens the library 300 or 500 trees? pick a tree that looks a bit like the one you want and use it as a template to alter it and make a new one. when you open the accurender plant lobrary the help file for accurender is available.

papurajx
2004-11-10, 01:39 AM
Use the attached PDF Document ' How to create your own RPC Object', which was posted by someone in 'www.revitcity.com'. The RPC creater is a freedownload.

See if it can help you to get the job done!!!

Arnel Aguel
2004-11-13, 06:05 AM
Do you mean like this ?

Beegee I'm not sure how that alpha channel works in Accurender but i guess it is not the same as in viz because the control is per object. In viz alpha channel or opacity map, you will just create a plane object of your entourage trees, people, cars etc. then apply an image map from photos together with your alpha mask.

Here is a link for a better explanation. http://www.realworldimagery.com/faq.html

D_Driver
2004-11-16, 11:11 PM
not sure, if anyone is interested, but I will be doing a bit at AU on creating your own plants using Revit Families and the Accurender plant editor...for those of you unable to go, I will be posting something or other shortly after AU to my website,

email me if you are interested
David Driver

Scott Hopkins
2004-11-17, 12:17 AM
David, I won't be able to make it to AU but I definitely would like to get your tips on using the Accurender plant editor. Just staring to make my own plants and it is a wee bit complex....:banghead:

Very much looking forward to your posting.

ariasdelcid
2004-11-17, 04:27 AM
Try the plant library in Exchange. LMAO:razz:

Where?? is "The Exchange" open?