PDA

View Full Version : [2009] - Piping Improvements (OPEN)

kmcglothlin
2009-03-17, 02:33 PM
For starters, a setting that will associate a pipe with the actual level it's being placed on instead of having to set the level manually every time you lay pipe. For piping to stay connected and in place. I literally spend a good 30% of my time going back and reconnecting pipe and moving fixtures, pipe etc. back in place or to where it should be after Revit decided to move it.

Fix sloped pipe. Have sloped pipe stay at the slope it was laid at [see moving pipe above]. Fix sloped pipe to sloped pipe connections. Fix fittings so you can have two different slopes from different directions, Sloped horizontal Crosses on horizontal sloped pipe.

Realistic, real world, fittings. Fittings that match, and are associated with the System Name and Type. Bell and Spigot piping/fittings for DWV. Street Fittings and Fitting to Fitting ability for welded fittings. Unions, ‘Olet fittings and pipe nipples.
Ability to pin object without it locking up the program with 'can't move element" error messages while working...in a completely different area of the project from the pinned object!

Automatic Hangers in 3D “fine” view for walk thrus and rendering.

Global Filtering instead of having to set it up manually every sheet with an “ignore filters” toggle for 2d sheets

Better 2d representation. It was said in another post but I agree, breaking piping in 2d views is a good thing. Also, we have a “potentially” amazing 3D program but our 2d representation looks like AutoCAD 10 at best.

A way to ignore or turn off “No auto route solution found” error. When routing a pipe close to another pipe either a warning or toggle to not allow “auto connect”. Overall there are a lot of assumptions the program makes that I’d like the ability to turn off or ignore. I am sure they are great features in the tutorials or sales presentations but in the real world they are annoying and waste a lot of my budget hours.

And finally, please, please, please, let us place valves in a section view!!!!