PDA

View Full Version : AutoDesk License Sharing

trmfp
2004-10-22, 02:48 PM
I have a strange question that I can't seem to get a straight answer to.

We currently have 44 seats on subscription that we use on a network with FlexLM for our AutoCAD 2005 installations. We have a sister company who is physically connected to our network but is on a separate domain and maintains their own servers. We can exchange information between the two companies and access each others company resources. They are needing a seat of AutoCAD to use for some scripting projects to convert dwg files into other types of drawing files.

The Question then becomes, can we allow them to use one of our licenses? or do they have to purchase an AutoCAD license for this purpose. They are a wholly owned subsidiary but maintain a separate tax ID number.

I know that some software companies won't allow this and before I give the green light, I would like to make sure that I am not violating the AutoDesk License Agreement.

Thanks!

Ed Jobe
2004-10-22, 02:53 PM
You are concerned about legal matters. We can't answer those. If your vendor can't answer, they should be able to contact adesk and get an answer. You might also call adesk's registration line.

trmfp
2004-10-22, 06:40 PM
What is that number please?

Mike.Perry
2004-10-22, 09:23 PM
Hi

Give the following a try -

Autodesk Phone Numbers (http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?siteID=123112&id=1074348)

Have a good one, Mike