PDA

View Full Version : Contours not displaying

Glenn Pope
2009-04-20, 06:31 PM
Ok, got a weird one here.

Have a surface that I have created two different ways. One way using 3D polylines as breaklines and using grading infill with feature lines. Elevation range is between 498.313 and 499.400 for a 534 sq ft area.

The issue is that the 499 contour (which would be the only contour that would show) will not show up if contour interval is set to 1 and 5. Set it to anything else like 0.1 and 0.5 I see all the contours including the 499.

Thought there is something wrong with the drawing, so I do an audit. No errors. So I export the surface as an XML and import into a blank drawing. Same issue. So I copy out the 3D polylines into a new drawing and recreate the surface. Same issue.

I have also tried using different styles and created new ones from scratch. Other surfaces in the same drawing use the same styles and have no issues.

Everything else about the surface works well. I see the TIN, get the tooltip showing elevation, and can do waterdrops.

So any more idea?
Thanks

rkmcswain
2009-04-20, 06:52 PM
I know this doesn't help much, but I can repeat this using C3D 2009-3.1

sinc
2009-04-20, 07:10 PM
That happens when you explode MTEXT. :)

Just kidding. It looks like there's a bug, where if only one contour is supposed to be shown on a C3D surface, nothing shows up.

The easiest workaround might be to change the surface display as you indicated, say to 0.2' contours, then use Surface Utilities to extract the contours. Then turn the surface display back the way it was, and delete all the extracted contours you don't want, leaving just the contour you do want.

Glenn Pope
2009-04-20, 08:09 PM
Thanks!

That was going to be my plan was to extract the contour. Then still at least have a surface for profiles and cut/fill calcs.

Heard from the DG that this is suppose to be fixed in 2010. Running 2009 3.1 now. Have to wait after this project is finished before upgrading :-(

jpaulsen
2009-04-21, 03:11 PM
That happens when you explode MTEXT. :)
lmao

You could try a user contour.

Glenn Pope
2009-04-22, 04:18 PM
lmao

You could try a user contour.

Cool that worked

Thanks!