PDA

View Full Version : Corridor Median Nose

tonycarcamo
2009-04-22, 02:57 AM
How do yall corridor your median nose with Civil 3D 2009? The centerline of my road is not the center of the median but the center of my 2 lane road left of my median.I created an assembly using a crowned median, linked slope offset, and marked points from the back of my curb along the left side of my median. When i created my corridor the median nose does not quiet look correct. I seems that i have to set my frequency to 0.5 which makes the tin tighter but the tin does not quiet follow the true face of curb along the tip of the nose. How do yall corridor your medians?

sinc
2009-04-22, 02:30 PM
I usually use feature lines for those.

Adding the feature lines directly to the corridor surface seems to work fine, although I've seen people warn not to do that (I'm not sure why... haven't noticed any problems with it yet myself, but maybe I just don't use Corridors enough to run into the problems...) Another technique is to put the feature lines for your nose in their own surface, then use a third surface to paste together your corridor surface and "nose" surface.

Jaylevitus
2009-05-23, 11:39 PM
I modeled mine using 'Offset Assemblies' for the right and left Medians, respectively. Then under that region having them run on my LT/RT Median TCs. Frequency does have to be a very small increment to model a curve.

Alternatively you could run linkoffset&elevation sub-assembly to hit the curb. In this scenario though you will have to model your centerline profile correctly if the median runs through the centerline otherwise the finished surface inside the median will not tin from median tc to median tc.