PDA

View Full Version : Structure Alignment References not Holding

CADiva
2009-04-22, 06:41 PM
I am working in Civil3D 2007 (our upgrade is almost ready, waiting on the styles to be finished) and I have created a pipe network with the structures referencing an alignment in my model file drawing which I put into the vault. When I D-ref that network into my sheet set drawing, the structures do not hold the referenced alignment I assigned it and it shows question marks for my station & offset labels. If I reset them in the drawing file, the labels work until I need to sych to the vault or if I save and close the drawing and reopen it. They then revert back to the question marks. Am I missing an important step somewhere?

CADiva
2009-06-22, 02:33 PM
I found a temporary way to fix the reference alignment problem I was having with the pipe labels. The plan view labels would hold the referenced alignment but it was the ones in the profiles that would revert to question marks (STA: ???.??). I found that if I exploded the label after setting the referenced alignment in the plan view it exploded the whole structure to a block (didn't want that since I need to be able to synch later and have the object & label update).I found that if I exploded just the profile view label of the structure it only did the label and not the object which allowed me to synch the network later but did require that I replace that label later. (I put a notation on a no plot layer to know which ones I had done).

Not a perfect fix but it got my problem taken care of and let me finish the project.

Jeff_M
2009-06-22, 03:40 PM
Not a perfect fix but it got my problem taken care of and let me finish the project.Can you please file a support request for this? IMHO this is a real defect, yet the design team informed me that this is the intended behaviour. I can't thinkof ANY reason to allow us to set an ovverride for the reference allignment that should reset itself at the next sync. My request was that IF they think this is a good thing, then they should give us the OPTION to either reset or keep the overrides.

Thnaks,
Jeff