Thread: Link Point Elevations to Surfaces to act like Spot Elevation Labels

Wish List Administration

Default Link Point Elevations to Surfaces to act like Spot Elevation Labels

Summary: Add the ability to link a points elevation to a surface. This will allow the point to be used as a spot elevation label and would ensure the point elevation is always current with he surface.

Description: I would like point objects to be able to be linked to a specified surface dynamically, much like a spot elevation. This would provide added value as then points can actively be used as spot elevations and are not lost if the surface is deleted / broken.

How Used: I would use points as spot elevations.

Feature Affinity: Points

Submitted By: kurt baldwin on January 21, 2009

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post

Default Re: Link Point Elevations to Surfaces to act like Spot Elevation Labels

Definitely agree with this post.......why can't we dynamically link/associate a point group, i.e. Finished Grade Points to be dynamically linked to a surface i.e. Finished Grade - I'm constantly updating my surface and then I need to always take another step to move the points upto that surface. I know Sincpac-C3D-$$$ can do it, but I'm already coughing up the money for the C3D license as it is?? It would be nice to get something that I can use in the next annual update

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post

I may be overlooking something the OP is trying to accomplish, but if the C3D point takes the elevation from the surface, then why not use a surface label to show the spot elevation instead of a point?

I could stop if I wanted to

I agree with jwalton, provided the only purpose is to produce an elevation label. Surface labels update when the surface updates.