Thread: FormFonts

Login to Give a bone

Default FormFonts

Hi everyone! I am trying to find some detailed families (light fixtures, furniture) online that we can use to offer our clients a more enhanced rendering and model. We are interested in purchasing a subscription with FormFonts and are wondering if anyone has feedback or experience using this service? We are trepidatious because:
    - They will not release an example of their content, prior to purchasing the license, therefore we have no way of assessing the quality of downloaded elements.
    -They do not allow the use of downloaded content once the subscription has expired.
    Is anyone currently using their service, can you provide feedback or an alternate site with similar content? Also if you have experiece purchasing detailed families, are there any other services that provide a good product for a reasonable cost?

Certifiable AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Cool Re: FormFonts

I had looked into Form Fonts a couple years ago, and found that most of their content
    was not in true Revit .rfa format--a lot of Autocad or other file formats "buried" inside a Revit family.........

But they may have updated their content with "real" Revit families by now? It seems they
    should be able to answer that question before you subscribe.

cheers.....

Edit: I just went to their site, and it appears that the majority of content is SU, Acad
    and 3ds Max---a few .rfa files, some Lightwave, etc. LOL......
    Last edited by cliff collins; 2010-02-25 at 05:20 PM.