Thread: Applying View Filters onto a Linked Revit File?

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Default Applying View Filters onto a Linked Revit File?

Hi all,

Is it possible for my view filters to affect the structural engineer's linked revit file? Specifically, I want to show only their floor objects where the family name contains the word "Drop."

I understand that there's a copy monitor function that helps... But I need a view that only show's their drops, so I can easily select each of their drop objects.

Thanks in advance.

Bryan

AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Applying View Filters onto a Linked Revit File?

Quote Originally Posted by saeborne View Post
    Is it possible for my view filters to affect the structural engineer's linked revit file? Specifically, I want to show only their floor objects where the family name contains the word "Drop."

I understand that there's a copy monitor function that helps... But I need a view that only show's their drops, so I can easily select each of their drop objects.
    Unfortunately, no. Possible workarounds are, open they're file create a special view set up the way you want it, or alternately, have a conversation with your engineers, and ask them nicely, to create a specific view for you. You can then via the Custom View Graphics for the linked RVT file, set the linked file's view to that special view. Since it is a floor, ... Copy Monitor, and edit the parameters yourself, so you could act on it with your own view filter. Only three ways I can think of to get to what you need.

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Thanks for your reply, Scott.

You can then via the Custom View Graphics for the linked RVT file, set the linked file's view to that special view.
    Let's say I set up a floor plan view in their model called, "ARCH VIEW SETTINGS." I set the filter to only show the exact floor name that I want. I set everything else exactly how I would like it to appear.

In my model, as I update the Visibility Graphics for the linked rvt file, can I apply the "ARCH VIEW SETTINGS" to only my floor plans, or will it work for Sections, Elevations, and 3D also?

Thanks again,

Bryan

AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

You can apply a view template to any type of view. You may have to unckeck scale, etc, but tou should be able to apply it. However, it wouldn't make sence to set the liked file's view to a floor plan view in a section type view. It might not even work, I have not tried that. Remeber, if your building is three stories, and you apply the RVT Linked File Properties (made from the fist floor plan) it would apply those linked file view to the third floor plan, and it would then be showing the first floor linked file plan in the third floor view. That might not be what you want.