My office just bought me a new DELL PRECISION M4400, Intel Core(TM)2 Duo @ 2.26GHz, 1.58 GHz, 1.98GB of RAM. with a NVIDIA Quadro FX 770M video card. My display resolution is 1920x1200.

I work with AutoCAD Civil 3D 2009. The software works great when I have two monitors working. Once I switch to one monitor and use AutoCAD (and it could be the external OR laptop monitor) the "challenge" begins. AutoCAD loads up quickly, the drawings (no matter what size) loads fast, panning and zooming is exceptional. As soon as I type in commands or use the ESC key to get out of a command is when AutoCAD bogs down. There is a 10 or so second hang time when I do any typing commands. The coordinates display seem to slow down the moving process when I am moving objects, etc. Yet as soon as I activate the external monitor all is well.

I have reviewed the comments from other discussion groups regarding downloading updated drivers from NVIDIA and running 3dconfig command (my drivers installed are still not certified???).

Does anyone have any REAL solutions? I am tired of the "well, if you stand on one foot and push the TAB key with the left index finger" answers. Sorry to those I just ****** off but if one spends money on an item it should work the way it was meant to be.

Thanks