Thread: Revit 2010 Doors and Windows are not cutting walls in Navisworks 2010

Login to Give a bone

Default Revit 2010 Doors and Windows are not cutting walls in Navisworks 2010

Has anybody else experienced when exporting a Revit 2010 model into Navisworks, the doors and windows are not cutting all the components of the wall? I am having to physically hide all the extra components behind the door to to see the door and window on both sides.
    Attached Images Attached Images

NavisWorks Moderator david.kingham's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Revit 2010 Doors and Windows are not cutting walls in Navisworks 2010

This is definitely a problem, I did a lot of testing and have determined the faces of the core boundaries are exporting (along with the center of the core) I have filed a support request and will post back here when I hear back.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Revit 2010 Doors and Windows are not cutting walls in Navisworks 2010

That was quick, unfortunately no solution.

Support has recently logged a change request that walls are not being exported incorrectly and are including extra faces that obscure doors and windows. We have many users experiencing this same issue where doors/windows are obscured by extra wall solids. Support has aimed to make this a high priority for the development team. I will keep this support ticket as an Open > Change Request so we can update you with more information when it becomes available.
    The only workaround currently is to either manually hide these extra faces, File > Export to another format such as DWG or IFC in Revit 2010 and open these rather than using the NavisWorks 2010 exporter, or downgrade back to Revit 2009 as the NavisWorks 2010 exporter doesn't have this issue in Revit 2009.

Best regards,

JOHN LIPP
    Autodesk Support Team

There is no 'downgrade to Revit 2009' so everyone can ignore that, it should be 'don't upgrade to Revit 2010 yet'

Certifiable AUGI Addict twiceroadsfool's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Oh my goodness, thats really unfortunate. Weve already gone ahead to Revit 2010, and since were training brand new users, it doesnt make sense to show them the old UI at all. So we really cant go back. Eesh, thats gonna hurt. I hope they get it fixed in WU-1...

Login to Give a bone

Angry Re: Revit 2010 Doors and Windows are not cutting walls in Navisworks 2010

THIS IS A DISASTER i faced the same problem and Autodesk reply that David posted isn't logic i'm gona give a training in a company next month in 2010 and this is a huge problem it can cost my corporation to lose a client
    i can't find the words to discribe my anger
    sorry guys

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

The workaround I'm currently using is to export just the walls as DWF and everything else as NWC. In Navisworks I append both files and need to rotate the DWF 90 degrees to match up to the NWC, but I can maintain most of the metadata this way. It is an addiitonal step, but I am unaware of any other workarounds.

Cheers

Login to Give a bone

It's reasons such as this that I don't upgrade to new versions until the first service pack comes out. Beta testing can only catch so much because it's a fairly small sampling of users, the real test comes when everyone starts using it. To me this isn't surprising at all, but they do need to come up with a fix very quickly.

Login to Give a bone

FYI there was a fix released for this today http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet...inkID=10382102

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Autodesk has relased a hotfix for this issue. It can be found here:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet...inkID=10382102

Cheers