Thread: Architectural - Stair Section 3-11

Login to Give a bone

Arrow Architectural - Stair Section 3-11

Dynamic Stair section, from 3-11 risers (i got tired after that, but one could keep going....)
    It is pre-set to have a minimum of 5" rise to a max of 7" rise, and that constraint is in the overall distance parameter. it is only a tread and riser section because the stringers could be anything, and I haven't gotten that far (if possible?) let me know what you think of it. also, anyone have a good idea on how to add a handrail?
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Sometimes, i get lost in my own thoughts and need to ask directions to find my way back.
    S&D DB Sharing Forum

In the hospital cuz of my fever for more cowbell
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Architectural - Stair Section 3-11

Quote Originally Posted by CNIBBE
    Dynamic Stair section, from 3-11 risers (i got tired after that, but one could keep going....)
    It is pre-set to have a minimum of 5" rise to a max of 7" rise, and that constraint is in the overall distance parameter. it is only a tread and riser section because the stringers could be anything, and I haven't gotten that far (if possible?) let me know what you think of it. also, anyone have a good idea on how to add a handrail?
    It's like I'm stretching the statue of David!

Actually, I never would have thought of doing a Visibility state for 3, 4, 5, risers etc. It was a good idea. And from there, one can expand to up to 20R. And modifying this puppy is going to take no less than a complete understanding of DB's (which, fortunately, I do have) because of all the different formulas and their distribution throughout each visibility state of the block. The addition of a plan and elevation would not be hard to add now, as we'd just be working off the core section block and adding to it. I like it. Very well done. I'll tinker with it, not that you've figured out how to do it and I'll get back to you with any modifications I've come up with - that is, if you'll allow me to play with your baby.)

I'm gonna post something I'm really excited about that I've been working on as well ....
    Last edited by Rico; 2007-02-02 at 03:56 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Return of the Cowbell

Login to Give a bone

Rico, you're hilarious... you made my morning ~wipes tears of laffter~.... Anyway, play away with the stairs.... maybe this could be one of those "open-source" type projects... Although, "Stair Master" for a name is already taken.... I look forward to see what's added (by anyone!) Again, thanks for the over-da-top praise....
    Last edited by Rico; 2007-02-02 at 03:56 PM.
    Sometimes, i get lost in my own thoughts and need to ask directions to find my way back.
    S&D DB Sharing Forum

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Thank you for posting this so many moons ago, I changed it some to meet the requirements of our fabricators who use steel pans only.

John
    Attached Files Attached Files